In response to the national health crisis that is putting a strain on many medical and dental practices, the Health Professionals Alliance team has compiled a list of useful resources. We hope these resources help your practice in continued success during this time. We will continue providing real-time updates and resources as they become available. If you have any questions the HPA team is here to help.
COVID-19 Dashboards & Data Sources
- IHME: COVID-19 Projections
- Coronavirus Data Tracker – CSG Pro
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Kaiser Family Foundation COVID-19 Coronavirus Tracker
- World Health Organization Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Situation Dashboard
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the CSSE
- University of Virginia COVID-19 Surveillance Dashboard
- The New York TImes Coronavirus in the U.S. Latest Map and Case Count
Emergency Paid Sick Leave
Covered employers must make up to 80 hours of paid sick leave available for certain Coronavirus-related absences, in addition to any current paid time off provided by the employer.
Reasons for sick leave:
- Employee is subject to federal, state, or local quarantine or isolation order
- Employee has been advised by healthcare provider to self-quarantine
- Employee is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and seeking medical diagnosis
- Employee is caring for individual who is subject to order described in #1 above
- Employee is caring for his or her child if school or place of care is closed due to COVID-19 precautions
- Employee is experiencing any other substantially similar condition specified by Secretary of Labor
- For sick leave under reasons 1-3 (e.g., employee is sick), leave is paid at the employee’s regular rate of pay, capped at $511 per day ($5,110 aggregate).
- For sick leave under reasons 4-6 (e.g., employee is caring for someone else), leave is capped at $200/day ($2,000 aggregate).
Tax credit for employers: Provides a refundable tax credit equal to 100% of qualified paid sick leave wages paid by an employer for each calendar quarter.